This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
Collecting like terms
Click the tabs for extension tasks…
- Simplify \(a-2a+3a-4a+5a-6a+…+49a-50a\)
- Consider consecutive pairs of terms, starting from the beginning.
- Fill in the blank: \((2x+1)+(2x+1)+(2x+1)+(2x+1) \equiv\) ___\((2x+1)\)
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Links to past exam questions
Teachers: log in to access these.
Unlimited practice questions (easy)
Unlimited practice questions (harder)
In the real world
Teachers: log in to view this content.