This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
Factorising involving a single set of brackets
Given that \(n\) is positive integer, decide whether each of the following is true or false:
- 4 must be a factor of \(4n+12\)
- 8 cannot be a factor of \(4n+12\)
- 5 cannot be a factor of \(4n+12\)
- \(8n+12\) must be a multiple of \(4n+12\)
- \(8n+24\) must be a multiple of \(4n+12\)
- The highest common factor of \((5n+15)\) and \((4n+12)\) must be greater than 1
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
- Skills drill worksheet (40 questions on one side of A4; answers included)
Teachers: log in to access these.