This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
Multiplying two or more brackets
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
- Desmos classroom activity: Multiplying two brackets (20 randomised questions) Find out more
Teachers: log in to access these.
Expanding binomials: interactive practice
This applet allows you to practise expanding brackets fully, but you can also choose to focus on identifying the coefficient of the linear term if you wish, which is often the trickiest term. It is useful to become fluent at expanding mentally, because this will make it much easier for you to be able to factorise by inspection in the future. Note that not all of the expressions in the applet are quadratics, some multiply out to cubics. This is to stop you from auto-piloting your way through questions by doing the same thing over and over again. Instead, you will have to think!