This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- A1a – Using and interpreting algebraic notation
- A3a – Understanding and using the concepts of expressions, equations, formulas, identities, inequalities, terms and factors
- A4a – Simplifying and manipulating algebraic expressions by collecting like terms (basic)
- A4b – Multiplying a single term over a bracket
- A4c – Factorising (basic)
- A4d – Multiplying two or more brackets
- A6a – Arguing mathematically
Using algebra to construct proofs
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
Teachers: log in to access these.
Teachers: log in to view this content.
This lesson covers the types of algebraic proofs you will come across. You will also have to be able to construct geometric proofs in various lessons—particularly in the following: