This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
Identifying parallel and perpendicular lines
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
- Card sort (a knowledge of rearranging/ changing the subject is required for this activity)
Links to past exam questions
Teachers: log in to access these.
Interactive GeoGebra activity: Gradients of perpendicular lines
Move around the blue points to see the relationship between perpendicular lines. With thanks to Tim Brzezinski, whose Perpendicular Lines Investigation (VB) worksheet is available here. Material modified and embedded here under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.
In the real world
Teachers: log in to view this content.