The course is made up of fourteen sessions, which need to be delivered by a teacher. The sessions mainly cover areas of mathematics, science and philosophy that are not part of most schools’ curricula but are fascinating in their own right. Many of these underpin the great technological advances made over the last century.
You need to log in to access these materials.
- Session 1: Start at zero, not one
- Session 2: Binary and the amazing quality of twoness
- Session 3: Three dimensions – and more
- Session 4: Pythagoras, Fermat, Wiles
- Session 5: Prime numbers and cryptography
- Session 6: Honeycombs
- Session 7: Lucky seven
- Session 8: Infinity
- Session 9: Proof
- Session 10: Elections and voting systems
- Session 11: Imaginary numbers
- Session 12: Time with Newton and Einstein
- Session 13: Beauty
- Session 14: Chaos and the weather in a fortnight