This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- G7a – Coordinates
- A9a – Plotting straight-line graphs of the form y = mx + c
- A9b – Identifying parallel and perpendicular lines
- A9c – Finding the equation of a line through two given points or through one point with a given gradient
- N2f – Applying the four operations to fractions
- G20a – Pythagoras’ theorem
- S4b – Mean
A starting point
An activity to help familiarise students with sketches i.e. diagrams without gridlines.
Working with sketches worksheet (Login required)
Finding the coordinates of a mid-point, finding the length of a line segment, and finding the shortest distance from a point to a line
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for students work) covering finding the coordinates of a mid-point, finding the length of a line segment, and finding the shortest distance from a point to a line
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Teachers: log in to access these.
Interactive GeoGebra activity: Midpoints
Interactive GeoGebra activity: Find the area of a triangle given the coordinates of its vertices
In this activity, at least one side of the triangle will be parallel to one of the axes.
Teachers: log in to view this content.