This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
B is approximately, but not directly, the east of A. The bearing of A from B is \(xº\) and the bearing of B from A is \(yº\).
- Given that \(x+y=400\), find \(x\) and \(y\).
- \(x=290\), \(y=110\)
The bearing of C from D is \(pº\) and the bearing of D from C is \(qº\).
- the lower bound for \(p+q\)
- the upper bound for \(p+q\)
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
Teachers: log in to access these.
Interactive GeoGebra activity: Bearings
Drag the points A and B around. Given the bearing of B from A, see if you can work out the bearing of A from B.
Teachers: log in to view this content.