This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
Part 1 – Pythagoras’ Theorem in 2D
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Worksheet G20a Part 1 Pythagoras’ Theorem in 2D
- Handout (condensed format for reduced printing)
- G20a Part 1 Skills drill worksheet (15 questions on one side of A4; answers included)
- Card sort G20a Part 1 Pythagorean Triples
- An interesting problem (log in to access link)
- G20a Part 1 Pythagoras’ Theorem Random Question Generator – suitable for use on an interactive whiteboard. Answers available.
Teachers: log in to access these.
Interactive Geogebra activity: A proof of Pythagoras’ TheoremDrag the slider at the bottom right for a visual step-by-step proof of Pythagoras’ Theorem. This is for information only; you will not explicitly be asked to prove Pythagoras’ Theorem at GCSE.
Part 2 – Pythagoras’ Theorem in 3D
Interactive GeoGebra activity: Pythagoras in 3D: Can you find the length of AH?Rotate the cuboid by clicking and dragging the mouse. Hold down shift and drag to translate the cuboid. With thanks to Mr Newell, whose Pythagoras Q1 worksheet is available here. Material modified and embedded here under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.
Teachers: log in to view this content.