This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- G20b – Trigonometric ratios – sin, cos and tan
- G20c – Inverse trigonometric functions
- G22a – The sine rule – knowledge of the convention to label sides and opposite angles a, b,c, and A, B and C respectively is required for this whole lesson, and knowledge of the sine rule itself is required for the Gamma exercise
- G22b – The cosine rule – knowledge of the cosine rule is required for the Gamma exercise
Area of a triangle using sine
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Teachers: log in to access these.
Activity: areas of regular polygons and limits
This applet shows you a regular polygon. Drag the slider to change its number of sides. No matter how many sides it has, the distance from its centre to each vertex is fixed at 1 cm. What do you notice about the area of the polygon as you increase the number of sides it has?