This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
Squares, cubes and powers of 2Before attempting the lesson below, it is well worth learning these so that you can instantly recognise the first few square numbers, cube numbers and powers of 2 when you come across them.
Using powers and roots
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
- Interesting video (log in to see link)
Links to past exam and UKMT questions
Teachers: log in to access these.
In the real world
Teachers: log in to view this content.