This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
Interactive applet: finding a percentage of a given quantity
Finding percentages and percentage changes (non-calculator)
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
- Skills drill worksheet (15 questions on one side of A4; answers included)
- Random Question Generator – Finding a percentage of a number (easy: 5%, 10%, 20%, 25% and 50% only)
- Random Question Generator – If x% of a number is y, what is the number?
- Random Question Generator – Finding a percentage of a number (harder)
- Random Question Generator – mixed questions – so that students need to consider method selection for each question
Teachers: log in to access these.