- There are 60 seconds in 1 minute.
- There are 60 minutes in 1 hour.
- There are 24 hours in 1 day.
- There are 7 days in 1 week. The number of days in each month varies: there are 31 days in January, March, May, July, August, October, and December; 30 days in April, June, September and November; and 28 days in February—except in leap years, when there are 29 days in February.
- There are therefore 365 days in a year, except in leap years, when there are 366 days.
- Leap years normally occur every 4 years, handily when the year numbers are divisible by 4. So, the next ones will be 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032, and so on—with a few exceptions. For example, 2100 will not be a leap year, but 2104, 2108, 2112 and so on will be leap years.
- There are 10 years in 1 decade and 100 years in 1 century.
Telling the time
You can see the time displayed in three ways: in words, on an analogue clock face, and in digital format (using the 24 hour clock). Use the tickboxes to hide two out of the three ways of displaying the time. Then use the slider at the bottom and the +/- buttons to change the time. See if you can work out how the time would be displayed in the two ways that you hid. Use the tickboxes again to check if you were right.With thanks to Anthony C.M. OR, whose Telling time from clocks worksheet is available here. Material modified and embedded here under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.